Outside
Inside
Past

Future

In the beginning of the project I had no idea how I wanted to do anything I had a somewhat visual and knew that I wanted it to be really creative and really grasp me, but I had no idea how I would do that. My first quilt square that I did was my “Inside Me”, where we had to make a quilt square based on what goes on inside you as far as wants, thoughts, beliefs etc. I’m someone who spends a lot of time thinking and stressing as you will learn through out the rest of my squares so I made my “Inside Me” with the theme of me looking up at my dreams that’s something that is a continuous thought for me, what I want and how I’m going to get it are all daily questions that I ask myself. My 2nd quilt square I did was “my past”, it was the easiest and I think a bit too easy. I just took the cliché concept of pictures of my past and made it into a collage with music notes in the background at first, but I needed a creative touch to it, so I started on my “Outside Me” until I got more ideas, and it worked like a charm. Despite the fact that I think that “My Past” quilt square is my weakest of all, it isn’t bad, it grasps me as a young girl and has a all black picture of me filled with what “my past” with held and makes me, me today. My “Outside Me” turned out the same but with a moon and stars background which gave me an idea for my last quilt “My Future”, which was by far the best.
My last quilt square “My Future” is my best quilt square it depicts my future the way I want it but with a mysterious concept. The sky is dramatic and cloudy which represents a storm and chaos a long with a lot of indecisiveness. But despite the storm I am walking up rugged stairs, which have engraved in them my dreams according to how I have them planned. But at the top of the stairs I have a big rose which means despite everything I plan to head towards my passion. Throughout the sky are also music notes and little images of me in contemplative positions, since that is what gets me by everyday. On the side of the picture is also a picture of me sitting in a cloud looking really stressed. My future was my best and of this entire project what I am most proud of. Throughout the project you can see in order how I get better with each quilt square.
No comments:
Post a Comment