Friday, December 11, 2009

Artist Statement

In my portfolio one can view a selection of photos taken or created by me and my partner over the course of this semester. My portfolio is very creative as it demonstrates various compositional tricks that have been learned over time and practiced to master such photos. Through out all that we learned in this semester, I feel I have done exceptionally well with Drawing With Light, a compositional trick in which one must utilize natural effects form the environment such as shadows to add emphasis and quality to a photo. I also learned more than I already had experienced with the software, Photoshop, as we used it to add more effects to our photos.

Through out the semester, I feel that my biggest challenge came when I had to be the model in a project. I do better taking pictures, than I do being in the picture, because I can’t see what the photographer does. Another challenge was when dealing with the compositional trick Macro, in which close up shots are taken to master and capture every small detail of a simple emphasis. I couldn’t exactly think of anything in the school that would be artistic in my eyes, when up close.

Since the beginning of the semester, I feel as though my photography skills have improved and I notice a good photo almost anywhere. When I take or see a photo anywhere I can identify compositional tricks and see what they used or focused on to make the photo as they did. I think that my artwork has improved and my computer skills with Photoshop has gotten better as well.

No comments: