Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Social Issue: "TORN"


In my photo I am standing in a stance as if I'm in misery and wishing things were easier.. The sky is grey and dramatically dark and light, which gives off a sense of change or undecisive mood. Photos of my dad and I are on one side and on the other side my mom and I are in the sky. The photos are cracked as if destroyed, there is a gloomy mood over the picture and there are dramatic words that spell "torn" going down the middle that divide the picture.
The photo displays the impact decisions decided by parents can have on children. I relate to this because I am a witness to this issue. Once a home has been divided the life of the parents may change for the better, but the children are often left in the wind to decide their own outcome. Parents often get so caught up in trying to get better with life and eliminate all flaws whether it be their spouse or job they forget to consider the lives of their children and the child is left to make their own decisions because no one else is there to make them. This issue means a lot to me because it explains a lot about me and why I am the way I am.

No comments: